Tuesday, March 13, 2007

is it okay for time to fly by even during Lent?

Well, back from my 6th project with the Canadian Chamber Choir and trying to pick highlights as I really could go ON and ON.

Prairie skies. Calgary chinooks. Visits with family and friends. The choir. A sell-out crowd for our final performance.

And now it's back to life and normal schedules and assignments and a condo that seems to breed dust and laundry.

I can't believe it's already the middle of March and am wondering where the time has gone. It's time to get the Good Friday service straightened out and I feel like I haven't even started into Lent yet.

In case any of you are feeling a similar 'lack of Lent' I'll leave you with a section of the Ignatian examen...possibly a very appropriate activity during Lent and certainly a helpful tool any time of year.

For what am I most grateful? Least grateful?
When did I give and receive the most love? The least love?
When did I feel most alive? Most drained of life?
When did I have the greatest sense of belonging? Least sense of belonging?
When was I most free? Least free?
When was I most creative? Least creative?
When did I feel most connected? Least connected?
When did I feel most fully myself? Least myself?
When did I feel most whole? Most fragmented?

No comments: